Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Days 259 – (AD 1,421) – 24.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 24.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals 30,136.8 miles; 48,500.6 kilometers.


And I have now completed 29.3% of the distance to my next destination.

Question - Does anyone know which agencies are the best ones, which will allocate the best amount of funds, that one can donate to provide financial assistance following the tragedy and devastation of fellow Americans in Puerto Rico?

I just found this article from the Business Insider,

The best charities to give to for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, Leana Garfield, Sep 23, 2017.

According to The Center for International Disaster Information (CIDI), which is part of the US Agency for International Development, donating money is almost the best way to give aid. Before donating material goods (like blankets, food, or toys), CIDI recommends confirming with relief organizations there is an actual need for them.

Soapbox –

Am I slightly confused or are the currently seated politicians truly understanding that self-applied band-aids will not fix any of the current health systems?



Last night for supper Culantro Chicken Curry with Coconut Cauliflower.


This is my 1,521st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 182,212 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment