Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 71 ¾ – (AD 976 ¾) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Not On My Schwinn 170 Today

Good Day,

A number of responsibilities and necessary commitments have me moving quite fast today. My Schwinn 170 sits patiently for my return.



The word today is “supercilious”. Why?


Now I know I live in Florida, in retirement La-la land. (Yes, I may be considered to be in that same age bracket.) I stopped at my usual gas station to fill up my car. You have to understand that at this gas station, the incline at the area of the gas pumps may slope at a fair 30° angle, maybe that's exaggerating a 30° angle, which immediately runs into the road and into traffic. (And of course at my age bracket I may have and considered it my right and tendency to exaggerate.) So you can imagine possible slippage. No, we do not have ice on the road in this part of Florida. And facing toward that downhill slope is a Toyota SUV with nobody in the driver seat but the vehicle is running.

From my vantage point I see someone in the passenger seat and two people in the back seat. I pull up to set myself up at the gas pump, facing in the opposite direction to fill up with gas. Then this robust gentleman with a cane comes plodding slowly across the parking lot obviously from pre-paying for his gas. Now the car, his car the Toyota, is still running. He starts to pump gas. He's having trouble with the gas machine. He begins to swear and wave the hose and nozzle about. He’s talking to someone. Definitely not me... And I say to myself, (oh I’m at the age where I am allowed to talk to myself), pump your damn gas, quickly. Get the hell out of Here.

And my word for the day is supercilious.

Definition, (Merriam-Webster), “having or showing the proud and unpleasant attitude of people who think that they are better or more important than other people.

And I noted and bookmarked an article that I have to read. Today’s Tech Times has a published article by Ted Ranosa – “Scientist May Have Found Proof of Alternate, Parallel Universe”.  I just know I am open to new trips and travels.



 And maybe I do consider that I may have come through some closet door…virtual, possibly real. Yes, I am thinking about Narnia.

This is my 1,051st post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this evening, 79,255 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment