Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 20 – (AD 925) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Slowly On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled, slowly on my Schwinn 170 for 22.2 miles. Grand totals: 19,442.9 miles; 31,290.4 kilometers.


I think I am located at 4 Largo da Igreja which according to the map is at Urbanização Quinta do Rogel. To the south is a perfect place for lunch, Casa de Pasto a Cisterna.


Countdown – 266 miles to next destination and goal point.

Not harping too much about my health but just have to after yesterday...

First I rode my bike.

One-and-a-half – Dealt with an unsubstantiated HOA violation levied against me. (HOAs are only worth 1/2 a time-point.)

Second – Oncologist zapped 4 pre-cancer spots from my forehead.

Third – Foot Surgeon pre-opped (if that is a word) for my foot-bottom surgery next Monday.

Fourth – An extremely inconsiderate asshole rear-ended my car on Dale Mabry, then got mad at me when I stated that I was going to report the accident. She drove off. But we filed a police and an insurance report and were able to find her details via the Internet.

Fifth – Can't take any aspirin because of number three and I don't have any Tylenol in the house.

Sixth – Panicked because I couldn't find some plastic bags that had been put away...I found them. (Needed the plastic bags for three quilts we're shipping to North Carolina.)


So I packed the quilts - BW 1950; BW 2010; and Tampa Kaleidoscope - to go and spent the evening playing the piano.

Seven – Foot Surgeon has told me to keep off my feet for at least 2+ weeks after the operation on Monday.

Oh yeah, Eight... I broke one of the crowns on my front upper teeth. Replacement Thursday and I do not like Gerber foodstuffs.

And I said what the hell; I needed a good Mexican meal from Miguel’s on Kennedy with every possible carb attached… Yes my early morning blood sugar count jumped to 122 mg/dL, up 26 points. It’s a wonder; Corn chips and hot dip; Deep-fried Jalapeño stuffed with Shrimp Smothered with Guacamole and Sour Cream; a Frozen Marguerita; Jumbo Shrimp Fajitas with Steak (I ordered chicken) 3 of them, choked with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, and Pico de Gallo; sides of Beans and Rice; and of course I had to top the meal off with a Fried Ice-Cream concoction dripping with whipped cream, nuts, chocolate and caramel sauces. I ate.

This is my 989th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 75,465 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim