Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 1 – (AD 1,163) – 19.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – The Schwinn Has Landed

Good Day,

And a Happy 4th of July.


Today I began Jim’s Trek Part V. This morning I pedaled 19.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. This is the real part. I have now pedaled a total of 24,921.1 miles in 1,163 days…and I am still continuing.

My intent for Part V is to pedal 2 days in a row, each time for a period of 60 minutes, do 1 day of sit-ups, then rest for 1 day.

This morning I burned 615 calories. I weighed in at 164.9 lbs at registered 19.2% fat and a BMI of 23.0. My early morning blood sugar count was at 98 mg/dL.


And my Schwinn Fitness Cycle has landed. Jim’s Trek Part V is now a virtual trek on the planet Mars. (Hey this man’s got to have something to do to keep his grey matter, even though it may be the virtual part, going.)


Yes Google Maps has a Google Mars part and so I am going to be learning as I continue the physical part of my trek.

All-things-being equal I have touched down at Chryse Planitia (22.48° N, 49.97° W planetographic, 1.5 km below the datum (6.1 mbar) elevation). Those little green men, the Google ones, are supposedly where I have landed and started my new Trek. It is the possible site where the Viking Lander 1 put down. I just know that I have one hell of a lot to learn.

And I am trying to convert distance of the mileages I pedaled on my Schwinn 170. I’ve posed the following sample question to WolframAlpha “What is the distance between 22.46°N, 47.95°W and 22.46°N 47.625°W in miles?” The response was about 20 miles. I think I am on the right track.  Once I figure this out I'll be creating an on-Mars-diagram of my Trek.

Here are my recorded stats as of my 1,163rd day of pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles.

Location – Home, Tampa, Florida
Start Date – 2 December 2012
End Date – ?
No. of Days Pedaling – 1,163
No. of Days Not Pedaling – 147
Trek Distance Part I – 4,257.1 miles
Trek Distance Part II – 4,360.0 miles
Trek Distance Part III – 10,362.4 miles
Trek Distance Part IV – 5,912.1 miles
Trek Distance Part V – 19.5 miles
Grand Total Miles – 24,921.1

This morning that new goal just came to me. My new goal is 13,300 miles. Of course I do have to reach the 25,000-mark.

Assuming that I do not want to go back on any diabetic medication, (I’ll never say die), and I need to keep my heart and cholesterol levels at reasonable numbers, (for someone of my young age), and I need a good sleep at nights, and I do not want to become weight bound, and as I am a wee bit beyond the age requirements to make a long, long, long, long journey, I think I have settled on the target number of miles I need to complete.

I’ve got it.

I have just recovered from a sinus infection and a sort-of bad case of bronchitis.  My Doctor gave me the go-ahead to start my pedaling on the 4th of July.

I will be managing my diet, sort of, and you can see the recipes and the carb tracking at Jim’s Gotta Eat. Tonight’s 4th of July supper is an attempt at Kakavia.


This is my 1,266th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 96,987 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment