Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 13+9 – (AD 1,175) – 20.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Increased Resistance On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I decided to increase the resistance on my Schwinn 170 to 18/25. For the past while I have been cycling as 15/25 and 12/25. For some reason the increase in resistance caused me, in the same amount of time, 60 minutes, to pedal an additional mile. I completed 20.5 miles.

My totals are now: Part V – 254.8 miles; Grand – 25,156.4 miles; 40,485.4 kilometers.



Today I have pedaled, virtually, about 85% of the way to my first goal on Mars, the Charleston Crater. I should reach the Crater in about 2 more pedaling days. I think that may be Wednesday next week.

According to WolframAlpha Pro the distance between Chryse Planitia, where I started, to the Charleston Crater, the location of my 1st goal point, is about 300 miles.

Meanwhile back on earth, the wet part…



An amazing statement to make with regards to this planet, ““We don’t know how many there are, where they’re typically found, anything,” Phillip Morin, a molecular geneticist at NOAA, told National Geographic. “But we’re going to start looking.”” From Akshat Rathi’s July 27th Quartz article “Scientists say they’ve just discovered a new species of whale”.

And at an estimated, adult size, 25 feet one would think that something this big can still hide away and confound the experts.

I just knew that growing my own peppers would make me rich. (Ya think?) This morning's harvest…



My variety - Self-branded Hot Habaneros...

This is my 1,278th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 98,841 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment