Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 246 ½ – (AD 1,151 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Day of Rest From My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Oregano is blooming this morning, and the Kabocha Squash vine has touched the porch ceiling.

I believe I have only today and one more day of rest from my Trek on my Schwinn 170.

According to my calculations I have just 12 pedaling days remaining until I cross the magic number of miles from my goal of cycling a grand total of 1,164 days.

What am I going to do on the 1,165th day? Yes LD, I would even consider continuing on to Mars…

I am in some what a minor quandary this morning after a discussion last night with a Doctor of whom I was helping with a genealogy search issue.


Somehow we got to discussing diabetes and my Trek. This Doctor was convinced that due to some longevity possibilities resulting from the recent release of some Metformin trial results that I should continue on with my prescription.

Metformin is the drug used to combat diabetes which I have stopped taking partly due to my Trek and resulting diet controls in conjunction with my own Doctors.

Oh yeah " Last year, Medical News Today reported on a study by researchers from the National Institutes of Aging (NIA), which found that mice who received metformin had a 5.83% increase in lifespan, compared with control mice."

Calculating this out and if I have a life expectancy of 70 years this could mean that I would increase my life by another 4.08 years. Is there a difference between 70 and 74 years?

Further the above article I read states about the roundworms used in the study

"Although these findings in roundworms are promising as an effective anti-aging strategy, Haes notes that further research is needed:

"While we should be careful not to over-extrapolate our findings to humans, the study is promising as a foundation for future research.""

Do I have a quandary or what?

Soapbox –


Just wondering whether this is dichotomous? Or just politics?

Mar. 22, 2016 - (Miami New Times) - "Donald Trump's Charity Admits Donating to Pam Bondi's Campaign Was a Mistake" , by Kyle Munzenrieder

Jun. 2, 2016 - (The Hill) - "Trump donated to attorneys general who dropped Trump U. inquiries: report", by Harper Neidig



A list to consider - (The New York Times) - Jasmine C. Lee and Kevin Quealy, May 27, 2016 - " The 224 People, Place and Things Donald Trump has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List"




This is my 1,252nd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 95,283 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment