Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 11, 2018

Day 414 – (AD 1,576) – 23.4 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.4 miles. My totals are now 33,803.2 miles; 54,401.1 kilometers.


I am located at 52.04% to my new destination and goal point on Mars.

Something new and different –

1939?

No. That is not the year I was born.

When pedaling my Schwinn 170, my routine is typically 5 hours each week. (I started in December 2012.) Also, as a part of my routine is to either watch a TV series or movie, without commercial interruptions. That helps my routine one hour go much faster, or so it seems.

Well sometimes I usually split the movie into parts and watch the whole over a se-ries of 1-hour rides.

This morning, I decided to watch one of those marathon movies, one that I have never ever seen before. And of course, it is a classic, “Gone With The Wind”.

Finally, I will get to find out why Rhett Butler says to Scarlett “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.

My question based on the first hour of this mega-film is “Why within in the first hour is someone looking out a window?”

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

My search continues for fresh ramps in Tampa?

Along, with Whole Foods and The Fresh Market, there are no ramps to be had at MD Oriental Market on Fowler Avenue. And of course, I walked out with a few grocery bags with fresh produce from MD Oriental Market.

And for light reading, “Who Invented Bread?” by Joanna Fantozzi, Life Science, May 11, 2018.

The Natufians had the earliest known agricultural-based society and would process grains into a coarse flour, from which they made a "small, pita-like, unleavened loaf cooked directly on the coals of a fire," Miller said.

My Olive Oil Sourdough Loaf looks a wee bit different.


Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/


Cranes Spectrum Quilts Update -

Our Cranes Spectrum Update - Slowly, methodically our Red Cranes flock is growing. As the number increases, the “what-if we do this” to our quilts designs are tweaked, ever so slightly.

Our Cranes Quilts Update -

Progress continues on the construction of the red Cranes Blocks. 5 of the 6 set of Cranes blocks have been completed.



Answer to question(s) - Andy and I are making 40 Cranes Quilts for our Cranes Spectrum. There are 6 sets, 3 sets representing 3 primary color shades; 3 set representing secondary colors. Each Cranes Quilt will be a unique Batik color. The Cranes Quilts will vary in size as will the size of the Crane blocks.

In addition to the 40 Cranes Quilts, we intend to create and present an additional 10+ Cranes. Also 3 friends are each creating a Crane creation for the Crane Project.

And why are we doing this? Check out our notes at our site Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,650th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 195,573 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment