Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Days 407 & 408 – (AD 1,570) – 24.0 + 24.6 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yesterday morning, after visiting the local vampire bank, I pedaled my Schwinn 170 24.0 miles. This morning I cycled another 24.6 miles this morning. Totals are now 33,659.1 miles; 54,169.2 kilometers.


I am currently located at 27.62% to my new destination and goal point on the Red Planet.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/


The top to our newest and latest Cranes Quilt has be quilted. Next steps, clean-up, blocking, and binding. It is so much better than either Andy or I expected.

Marijke van Welzen is creating an outstanding Cranes Coat. Her work is astounding.



We created the colored Cranes with Kimberly Einmo's Solid-ish fabric and Marijke's work brings them to a new and vivid life. Marijke's Cranes Coat will be included in our Cranes Project display.

Our Cranes Quilt Update - The binding is now being attached.




And today we begin # 1 of 40 of our Cranes Project's Spectrum of Cranes. This should be a great adventure and experience. All of the 40 Cranes Quilts have been designed. The complete fabric color line has been chosen. All of the Cranes Spectrum will include Cranes of the sizes of 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-inch.

The Cranes Spectrum will, at this count include 1,022 Cranes.

For further information I jotted some notes about our Cranes Obsession at our site Quilts SB at http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/.

Check out our write-up at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

Just thinking about the DNA news and the resolution of the outstanding serial murderer.

On one hand there is a pro argument; case closed, the alleged murder has been captured. On the con side, this may have taken the Genealogy DNA business back a couple of steps.

Just my immediate opinions.


Popular Science’s article “Consumer DNA tests can’t tell you much, but they sure can get your relatives arrested”, by Sara Chodosh, May 2, 2018

“History is peppered with examples of DNA tracing gone wrong. Take the phantom female serial killer whose genetic material turned up at dozens of crime scenes across Europe. The matches were so consistent, police were sure it had to be a prolific murderess. In fact, the DNA was so perfectly matched because it belonged to a woman who worked at the cotton swab factory where police got their supplies (the swabs weren’t certified for DNA collection—oops!).”

This is my 1,645th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 194,873 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment