Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 21, 2018

Day 421 – (AD 1,583) – 23.2 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.2 miles. Totals are now 33,968.7 miles; 54,667.4 kilometers.


I am located at 80.09% to my new destination and goal point on Mars. I have now completed 88.92% of my total goal of 38,201.6 miles.

Something new and different –


I’ve noticed that I do get a lot of junk and set-for-the-trash emails.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the spammers who set whatever algorithm in action are somewhat lazy. To date I have received spam emails addressed, that is, in the salutation of the email, to Jacqueline, to Jermey, to Jsmith58, and to Smith.

My name is Jim. Period. And my legal name is James. One would think that the spammers would get the name right.

But this is getting a wee bit frustrating, especially as I have no idea who Miss Jacqueline is.

And I need to bitch a wee bit. Yes, I know my Google subscription is free.

For years I have been using Google News. I liked the way that I could specify the topics that I could and would receive current and updated news. I also could block news pertaining to areas like “Entertainment” and “Sports”.

I think I have figured out how to add my saved searches. I’m still working on how to get rid of some superfluous topics.

Last night I watch the HBO movie and remake “Fahrenheit 451”. (It was a good movie.)


But I can see where the updated version of Ray Bradbury’s classic did consider “how”. “what”, and “where” people would and could receive their up-to-date news. The similarities to some current social media were somewhat disconcerting.


And then again, Bradbury’s “Fahrenheit 451” has always been something to think about.

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Supper last night was Chicken Thighs with Snap Pea and Mushrooms. I sort of stole bits and pieces from the linked recipe.


For dessert I created a Red Velvet Brownie Cake with White Chocolate Glaze.




I tried to adapt the recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cake. And using White Chocolate Chips I should have reduced the amount of Heavy Cream to somewhere between ½ and ¾ cup instead of the 1 cup as called for in the recipe. https://iambaker.net/chocolate-brownie-cake/

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Cranes Quilts Update -

We’ve begun quilting the 1st of 6 Cranes Spectrum Quilts. This is also the 1st of 40, and we are starting with a simple design pattern. Who knows where this step will take us?


Check out our initial notes on our Cranes Project at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Check out our write-up at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,654th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 196,272 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment