Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 28, 2018

Day 426 – (AD 1,586) –23.9 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.9 miles. My totals are now 34,087.2 miles; 54,858.1 kilometers.

I now have 4,114.4 miles remaining to cycle to complete my overall goal of 38,201.6 miles.

I reached my goal point and set destination of Cerberus Tholi.


This is a small volcano superimposed on the flanks of a larger one of the Cerberus Tholi, NASA Science, Mars Exploration Program, April 1, 2012.

My new goal point on Mars is now in a south-easterly direction. It is Lucus Planum. The distance between these 2 points, according to WolframAlpha , is 760 miles.


After reaching my goal point I continued for another 1.003 miles. I am now located at 0.13% to my new destination and goal point on Mars.

Something new and different – Or is it?



Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Completed and baked two new loaves of Egg-Yolk Sourdough Bread and two loaves of Strawberry-Almond Quick Bread.


As a dessert, with fresh Strawberries and Whipped Cream.


I'm sold!

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

We've completed a new quilt. Details to follow later.


All piecing, quilting and binding is done.

Back to our Cranes

Check out our initial notes on our Cranes Project at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

Something to consider –

Maybe DNA Can’t Answer All Our Questions About Heredity”, Wired, Megan Molteni, May 28, 2018

“Because, we have to remember that for centuries heredity has been used as a weapon to dehumanize and erase some groups of people. For those people genetic testing can be one the most profound experience of their lives. But consumer genetics can only give you really rough estimates right now. It’s going to get a lot more powerful very quickly, it’s just not there yet.”

This is my 1,656th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 196,826 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment