Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 14, 2018

Days 415 & 416 – (AD 1,578) – 47.5 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

On Saturday I cycled 23.5 miles. This morning, in the rain (outside), I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.4 miles. My totals are now 33,850.7 miles; 54,477.5 kilometers.


I am located at 60.09% to my new destination and goal point on Mars.

Something new and different –

One of our Pack is being tested at a local dog daycare.


Max seems to be a wee bit overwhelmed that there are more than just 3 others to contend with.

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/





Supper last night - I cheated. I made an easy and quick Pho Ga - Chicken Pho.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Cranes Spectrum Red Set Update -

The 6th set is under construction. Three Crane sizes represented: 6", 5", and 4". The Red Batik fabrics currently exhibit a subtle difference of shading.


Next step will be our layout to the 6 individual quilt designs.

Here's hoping our Cranes Spectrum idea will work.

Check out our initial notes on our Cranes Project at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

I’m wondering about the primary reason folks use and test and Autosomal DNA testing process. Methinks that most people may only be concerned with the “ethnicity” portion of the test.

According to the results I have received, the results for Matches, there appears to be a greater percentage of people who do not provide any family tree in order to continue with the search for common ancestors.

The number of matches (I’ve rounded) via the Autosomal DNA tests that I have received are as follows:

Family Tree DNA – 5,100 matches

23andMe – 1,100

Ancestry – 22,000

My Heritage – 5,300, and

Living DNA – still waiting for the introduction of the matching capability.

I know, I know, some people are a wee bit leery of putting out as much of their family tree information on an online site, but the purpose of DNA matching is to match to a or some common ancestor. Genealogy is not only determining one’s ethnicity. It is primarily the effort of finding one’s ancestral roots.

This is my 1,651st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 195,704 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment