Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 30, 2018

Day 406 – (AD 1,568) – 24.0 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 24.0 miles. Totals are now 33,610.5 miles; 54,091.0 kilometers.


And focusing on the imaginary part of my Trek, I am located at 19.38% to my new destination and goal point on the Red Planet.

Something new and different –

From CNET.com “Artificial womb could grow mammoth-elephant hybrid, researchers say”, by Claire Reilly, April 29, 2018.

“But to grow an elephant embryo without harming adult female elephants, Church says his team needs to grow the embryo "in vitro in the lab." The hope is to create a "vascularised decidua" from stem cells -- uterine lining that has its own vascular structure of blood vessels to support life.”
Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Last night for supper I attempted to make Gratin Parmentier, a French fancy name for Shepherd’s Pie. I really like it, but it was Sliced Potatoes, Meatballs, Béchamel Sauce and Cheese. And there was too much liquid in the baking dish.

I also made a batch of Biscuits. My blood sugar count this morning moved up 11 points. Guess it was to many freshly baked biscuits.

I think I will re-purpose the Gratin Parmentier into a Shepherd’s Pie. And the Biscuits into Strawberry Shortcake.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/


Our Cranes Quilt Update -

Andy and I are amazed at how the composition of our Crane blocks and the starkness of the white background allows each Cranes Quilt to bring out a life of its own.


The Cranes in this latest quilt are all 4-inch blocks. Each Crane is out-lined quilted. The pebble-quilting is composed in an ascending range of 4 sizes.

In answer to the questions that we have received concerning our Crane Quilts obsession, I have jotted down some notes on a post at our Quilts SB website. Check it out at http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/.

We are now working on the design and composition of 40 more Crane Quilts.

Check out our write-up at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

Just thinking about the DNA news ands the resolution of the outstanding serial murderer.


On one hand there is a pro argument; case closed, the alleged murder has been captured. On the con side, this may have taken the Genealogy DNA business back a couple of steps.

Just my immediate opinion.

This is my 1,644th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 194,760 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment