Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 23, 2018

Days 401 – (AD 1,563) – 23.9 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.9 miles. My totals are now 33,494.1 miles; 53,903.6 kilometers.

I am now located at 99.54% of the distance to my next destination point.



Looks like I must determine my next goal point and destination leg on this Red Planet.

Something new and different –


Strange thing happened to my PC this morning, specifically to my Google Calendar program. When I opened the Calendar program all details regarding the program, except for my daily inputs which were in English, was in Lithuanian.

Why? The hell that I know.


I had to go to Google Help Calendar to find out how to change back to my native tongue. I tried to follow the instructions to the “t”. The only problem was that the instructions were in Lithuanian. Had to use my Notebook to shadow the steps.

Fixed. I am back to English now.

Strange that it was only my Google Calendar program that was affected. I also ran Norton and McAfee to check to see if there had been an intruder or a virus. The results were clean.

Does not make sense.

Something coincidental was that this morning I was trying to figure the Thai equivalent of the word "turkey". No connections, and different part of the world.


Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

 From The Denver Post by Bill St. John, April 18, 2018 “Get Cooking: The basics of Asian cooking.

“It’s easy, though, to capture the overall philosophy of Asian cooking, just as easy as it is to condense the general goal of living Asian: balance.Whether a Thai curry, a noodle salad from Vietnam, a stir-fry from China (one “China” in the kitchen? Ha! Dozens of Chinas there), a Korean roast pork, a Japanese ramen, fried rice of Indonesia, or a Philippine adobo, the commonplace among them is an attempt at balance.”

Supper last night - Thai – Turkey Tom Kha Gai – 124 mg/dL


England – New England Style Crab Boil – 141 mg/dL
Spanish – White Paella with Turkey and Pork Sausage and a craving for Gummi Bears – 116 mg/dL
American – Slow Cooker Bacon Turkey and Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – 104 mg/dL
Chopped - White Wine Pollock with Garlic Mushroom Quinoa and Green Beans – 115 mg/dL
Nouveau – Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests and Bacon – 120 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella with Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Clams – 129 mg/dL
Asian – Indonesian Pork Bites, Fragrant Butter Rice and Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic – 115 mg/dL
American – Sausage and 4-Bean Soup with Salted Sourdough Bread – 128 mg/dL
American – Pan Fried Pollock with Roasted Vegetables and Ooey Gooey Cake (and ½ a bag of Potato Chips for a snack) – 138 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella Valenciana – 129 mg/dL
Chinese – Kung Pao Chicken – 126 mg/dL
American - Sausage Apple and Herb Sheet Pan Supper – 119 mg/dL

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Cranes Quilts Update –


The pieced strips for our newest Cranes Quilt have been constructed. We're working on the final size.

The quilting pattern has been designed.

Check out our write-up at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,639th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 194,296 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment