Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, April 20, 2018

Days 399 – (AD 1,561) – 24.5 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled my Schwinn 170 24.5 miles. Totals are now at 33,446.2 miles; 53,826.5 kilometers.


I am now located at 88.89% of the distance to my next destination point.

Something new and different –

Wishing there was no media coverage or "existence" of the absurdities regarding the occupants of the big "C" and the "WH".

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

A good read from The Spectator, “Why I succumbed to sourdough mania” by James Delingpole, 21 April 2018.

 “To start with, I tried the most basic recipe. One so simple and undemanding you didn’t even have to knead the dough: you just had to mix it for no more than 30 seconds. When you do this, the result isn’t at all bad: much tastier than a bog-standard loaf of unsliced white. But still, it gets you wondering: ‘How much more amazing might it be if I did it properly?’”

Supper 2 nights ago – Slow Cooker Bacon Turkey Breast with Garlic Roasted Potatoes and some other vegetable.


American – Slow Cooker Bacon Turkey and Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – 104 mg/dL
Chopped - White Wine Pollock with Garlic Mushroom Quinoa and Green Beans – 115 mg/dL
Nouveau – Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests and Bacon – 120 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella with Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Clams – 129 mg/dL
Asian – Indonesian Pork Bites, Fragrant Butter Rice and Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic – 115 mg/dL
American – Sausage and 4-Bean Soup with Salted Sourdough Bread – 128 mg/dL
American – Pan Fried Pollock with Roasted Vegetables and Ooey Gooey Cake (and ½ a bag of Potato Chips for a snack) – 138 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella Valenciana – 129 mg/dL
Chinese – Kung Pao Chicken – 126 mg/dL
American - Sausage Apple and Herb Sheet Pan Supper – 119 mg/dL

And tonight, I’m trying a White Paella.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/


Cranes Quilt Update -

51 4-inch Cranes completed. Each Crane block includes 17 pieces. (Sounds like a trip to St. Ives?)

Next step, arrange the Crane blocks to our quilt design. North or west?

Should prove interesting.

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,638th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 194,003 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment