Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Day 400 – (AD 1,562) – 24.0 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – My 400th Day on Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning on my 400th day of pedaling on Mars, I cycled my Schwinn 170 24.0 miles. My totals are now 33,470.2 miles; 53,865.2 kilometers.


I am now located at 94.23% of the distance to my next destination point.

Something new and different –


This is something I have been saying for the last number of decades, “Why do Vegan or Vegetarian food always have to associated with an animal protein when they are listed on menus?” And finally, not that I believe it was necessary to have it legislated by government, one country, France is listening to my outbursts.

French MPs ban meaty words to describe vegetarian food, EuroNews, Sallyann Nicholls, April, 4, 2018.

“'Vegan sausages', 'soya steaks', and 'quorn fillets' will soon be a thing of the past in France. On Thursday, French MPs voted to ban meaty words being used to describe foods that are significantly plant-based.”
Don't get me wrong I love vegetarian dishes.  But, is this a Veggie Sandwich or a Veggie Burger?

The following art project by local artists in Bethlehem certainly makes me wonder the true effect of walls.

Banksy Releases New Miniature Walled Off Hotel Souvenir Series”, Colossal, Christopher Jobson, April 17, 2018.

“Banksy’s year-old project in Bethlehem, The Walled Off Hotel (previously), has just released a new set of souvenirs exclusively available in the hotel shop. The series of works, which are each hand painted by local artists, depict the West Bank barrier in a crumbling state.”


Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Bread –

Fresh out of the oven, Tampa Sourdough Breads...and they are still whistling/chirping.


Spanish – White Paella with Turkey and Pork Sausage and a craving for Gummi Bears – 116 mg/dL




American – Slow Cooker Bacon Turkey and Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – 104 mg/dL
Chopped - White Wine Pollock with Garlic Mushroom Quinoa and Green Beans – 115 mg/dL
Nouveau – Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests and Bacon – 120 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella with Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Clams – 129 mg/dL
Asian – Indonesian Pork Bites, Fragrant Butter Rice and Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic – 115 mg/dL
American – Sausage and 4-Bean Soup with Salted Sourdough Bread – 128 mg/dL
American – Pan Fried Pollock with Roasted Vegetables and Ooey Gooey Cake (and ½ a bag of Potato Chips for a snack) – 138 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella Valenciana – 129 mg/dL
Chinese – Kung Pao Chicken – 126 mg/dL
American - Sausage Apple and Herb Sheet Pan Supper – 119 mg/dL

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/


We’re trying to decide the best direction for our Crane Blocks in our newest Cranes Quilt.

Solution – 2 sleeves.

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,639th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 194,105 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment