Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Day 392 – (AD 1,554) – 24.5 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today the rainy season begins. Thunder and lightning.

Guess what? The Pack equals 4.


Here’s hoping the hurricanes miss us completely this year.

And this morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 24.5 miles. My totals are now 33.277.7 miles; 53.555.4 kilometers.


I am now located at 51.45% of the distance to my next destination point.

Something different –

Atlas Obscura’s article by Anika Burgee dated April 6, 2018 “Enchanting Illustrations Carved From Old Books” caught my eye.

I am enthralled by the work of illustrator Isobell Ouzamn.

 “My altered books happened accidentally,” Ouzman says, in an email interview. “I came across a cardboard box full of hardback novels one day, sat outside in the rain. As a lover of books, I brought them home to dry out, and repaired some of the bindings, determined to use them in some way.” Instead of reading them—she wasn’t a fan of the genre—she began to draw on the first page of one of them. “I don’t quite remember what brought me to start carving into the pages, but a few months later I had my first finished altered book. That was back in 2012. Ever since then I have been developing them into what they are now, trying to find the best way to build them.” 

 And I can see the progression of layers as they can apply to the quilt work that Andy and I attempt.

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/



American – Sausage and 4-Bean Soup with Salted Sourdough Bread – 128 mg/dL
American – Pan Fried Pollock with Roasted Vegetables and Ooey Gooey Cake (and ½ a bag of Potato Chips for a snack) – 138 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella Valenciana – 129 mg/dL
Chinese – Kung Pao Chicken – 126 mg/dL
American - Sausage Apple and Herb Sheet Pan Supper – 119 mg/dL

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/




Our new Cranes Quilt Update - Quilting Stage 3 still underway. We like how this one is taking shape. Also, even with the same white background it is amazing how so very different this new one is from our other completed Cranes Quilts.

A key point, I believe, in the process of creating a quilt is the naming of the quilt. (Just my opinion.) We're working on that.

And for the next Cranes Quilt, we're examining fabric choices for the Cranes to highlight the design. Very interesting.

Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,632nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 193,244 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment