Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Days 398 – (AD 1,560) – 24.4 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 24.4 miles. Getting close to my 38,201.6 mile-goal. My totals are now at 33421.7 miles; 53,787.1 kilometers. Only 4,779.9 more miles.


I am now located at 83.45% of the distance to my next destination point.

Something new and different –

From the Harvard Business Review, Bill Taylor’s April 18,2018 article “The Best Leaders See Things That Others Don’t. Art Can Help.”

 “ “The real act of discovery,” Marcel Proust wrote, “consists not in finding new lands but in seeing with new eyes.” Today the most successful companies don’t just outcompete their rivals. They redefine the terms of competition by embracing one-of-a-kind ideas in a world of copycat thinking. Which means, almost by definition, that the best leaders see things that other leaders don’t see.”

I need to vent -

I hate warehousing and paying bills. It is a fact of life!

The almighty electric company is a self-appointed godhead in this and most areas.

I always pay my bills on time.

I use the electric power to keep my house going, to do my cooking, to propel the engines on every quilting and sewing accessory, to power up my electronic piano, to keep the state of the art video equipment working to watch movies and continue my binging. It runs the mo-tors and lights and pumps on our pool.

I always insure that my payments are received well in advance.

This afternoon I received my monthly bill via the USPS.

The TECO, Tampa Electric Company bill, the company which I have been using for the past 34 years, and of which I have always paid on time, included, printed in RED on the enclosed bill, a PAST DUE - PAY IMMEDIATELY note in the tremendous amount of $0.70.

That's right, 7 dimes.

I obviously had entered an incorrect amount in my last month's payment. I inadvertently keyed in a "0" instead of a "7" after the decimal point when I electronically entered my pay-ment.

70 bloody cents!

Stop the turbines. Cut off the juice. No more power for Smith's house.

A bloody 70 cents.

And what did I do?

I did not add the 70 cents to my forthcoming payment. I simply and deliberately sent an electronic cheque in the amount of $1.70 to TECO dated for tomorrow.

Let their accounting and billing department try and balance their bloody 70 cents.

And I then warehoused my next payment electronically at my bank account for $1.00 less.

Bloody hell!


Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Supper last night, I grabbed a couple of foods from the pantry. White Wine Pollock with Garlic Mushroom Quinoa and Green Beans – 115 mg/dL


Chopped - White Wine Pollock with Garlic Mushroom Quinoa and Green Beans – 115 mg/dL Nouveau – Quail Eggs in Hash Brown Nests and Bacon – 120 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella with Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Clams – 129 mg/dL
Asian – Indonesian Pork Bites, Fragrant Butter Rice and Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic – 115 mg/dL
American – Sausage and 4-Bean Soup with Salted Sourdough Bread – 128 mg/dL
American – Pan Fried Pollock with Roasted Vegetables and Ooey Gooey Cake (and ½ a bag of Potato Chips for a snack) – 138 mg/dL
Spanish – Paella Valenciana – 129 mg/dL
Chinese – Kung Pao Chicken – 126 mg/dL
American - Sausage Apple and Herb Sheet Pan Supper – 119 mg/dL

Supper tonight – Slow Cooker Bacon Turkey Breast with Garlic Roasted Potatoes and some other vegetable.

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/



Five (5) batik colors and fabrics have been chosen for our next and newest Cranes Quilt. should prove interesting with 48 plus 3 Cranes.


Let the cutting begin.


867 separate pieces required for 48 + 3 Cranes. We're using our fabric die cutter we designed with AccuQuilt.


Each Crane Block is composed of 17 pieces; 8 for each Crane and 9 for the surrounding back-ground.


Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,637th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 193,830 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58a@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment