Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Day 183 – (AD 1,345) – 20.3 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled my Schwinn 170 20.3 miles. Totals now 28,579.1 miles; 45,993.7 kilometers.


I have now completed 3,677.5 miles on Mars, and I have completed 61.5% of the distance to my calibrated distance to Lambert Crater.

My FBS dropped 27 points to 119 mg/dL. Definitely a positive direction. Supper last night Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Peas. Yes, I can cook a regular comfort meal…from time-to-time.

And yes, I did not take the included photo. One can only do so much with an image of Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Peas.

And I decided to make some brunch this late morning, Fried Eggs on Cheese and Scallion Grits with Everything but the Bagel Bread.



Tonight, I’m thinking about doing something with Shrimp. I’ve gotta to start thinking more seafood, more fish, more seafood.

Just amazed at the growth of the plants in our Garden Tower 2. Had to get the climbing screens for two purposes. One, obviously to allow for the vine plants to catch on and climb, and second, to keep the 4-legged varmints at somewhat a distance. Yes, I know, little dogs can sneak through tiny spaces. But the fencing is more of a psychological deterrent. they still think that they can catch the squirrels on the outside of the deck screen.


Genealogy front –

A Smith cousin nicely decided to conduct the Family Finder, autosomal DNA test from Family Tree DNA. At this point, I am not ascribing to the ethnic breakdown. According to Family Tree DNA, we share 114 centimorgans, about a 1.6% match. An astounding small percentage.

Family Tree DNA has the relationship range at “2nd Cousin – 4th Cousin”. We fall into the category "Second cousins once removed, half second cousins, first cousin three times removed, half first cousin twice removed".

Check out this site at https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_statistics.

We know based on our family documentation that we’ve collected over the years that we are related. But can one imagine the degree of probability and matching algorithms there would be at ascertaining the relationship without our prior knowledge and the amount of documentary proof?

This is my 1,448th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 171,223 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment