Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 190 – (AD 1,352) – 20.7 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yes, I am back.

I took 13 days off from cycling or exercising. Some sort of bacterial infection in my lower intestine. After all the tests and labs, and symptoms similar to kidney stones, doctors ruled that it was/had to be some bacterial infection.

And this morning, after receiving the clearance signal, I cycled my Schwinn 170 20.7 miles. My totals, I still keep a record, are 28,714.0 miles; 42,210.8 kilometers.

My desktop is at the shop being fixed.  The on/off button broke which means I need a completely new case...and when I have a desktop PC that is customized, well you get the picture.  (Actually, the thought...)  And I am waiting, which means I cannot use Google Earth, albeit Google Mars on my notebook because that program is on my desktop.



So I have adapted.  I am now 94.4% from the center of Lambert Crater.  The "x" is my current location, on Mars.



"The GOP inherits what Trump has wrought", The Washington Post, By Karen Tumulty and Robert Costa May 26, 2017.

"The darker forces that propelled President Trump’s rise are beginning to frame and define the rest of the Republican Party."


We're working on our latest quilt, OPOY. The dimensions are approximately 70" long by 63" wide. This is a very new and different experiment and we are definitely liking the results.

OPOY  - JS AB - Under construction

I began a challenge to myself last week. As I love to cook, and I was able to get a copy of Christopher Kimball's latest endeavor and magazine "Milk Street", I thought that it may be somewhat a hoot to try my luck and try to replicate, as close as possible, almost all the recipes presented. To date, I have accomplished and eaten 7 of the recipes.

Two nights ago I made and devoured Hummus Masabacha (Israeli Hummus) with Kawarma (Spiced Beef Topping). I added a Carrot, Radish, and Red Onion Salad.




Yes, the plates were cleaned. And yes the bread was fresh from the oven.

Keep healthy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment