Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Day 188 – (AD 1,350) – 20.2 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. I just compared today’s distance to my overall goal and I am sort of astounded. Today’s 20.2 miles is just 0.05% of my total expected goal. But I have completed 75.08% or 28,683.2 miles or 46,161.2 kilometers.



And this morning, on Mars, I have now completed 86.9% of the distance to my next goal and destination point.

Last night, I made, from scratch Chicken Shrimp and Andouille Gumbo. I decided to follow the recipe I found online from Epicurious.



As I started to gather the ingredients to complete my mis-en-place I noticed that that was one hell of a lot of ingredients. And then I read the “Yield”. “Makes 16 servings”. No, I was not going to make enough for the neighborhood. Nor was I going to be eating Gumbo for the next 2 weeks. Yes, I reduced the ingredients to my norm, 4 servings. That I can manage.

And it was so bloody good that I had two bowls full.

Update and progress on our new OPOY. One needle broken to date; multiple layers of strips. The scrunching while quilting is softening the canvas.



And we begin the design of our next new one - TTTEOTW. Will be transferring drawing design to our muslin strip background.

Soapbox –

This is my 1,453rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 173,825 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment