Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 254 – (AD 684) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – I Turned Left On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 21.8 miles. I have cycled now, on my Schwinn Fitness cycles, a total of 14,089.4 miles; 22,674.7 kilometers.

Though I have completed 56.58% of my overall goal there is no way that I can slow down. I only have 910.6 miles to go to get to the 15,000.0 mile mark. I should be hitting mark just after the turn of the New Year.


This morning I turned left at Katherine. I am now headed in a northwesterly direction on Stuart Highway.

And woe is me, sort of.

First the good news – My A1c is showing a very good result of 5.5.

Now the not so good news - I have a feeling that I am beginning to lose some control over my carb intake. My morning blood sugar was up this morning once again by 6 points. The trend of my most recent counts indicates that there is a slow movement upward, which for me is not positive. And yes tis the season, but I just realized that I can possibly and slowly eliminate the good results that I have worked for these past two years. The blue dotted moving average line is showing an ever so slight upward trend. Not good.


The obvious question is whether I want to start taking diabetes medication once again or not? Of course not! But it tis the season of food…and I am not waiting until January 1 to make a resolution.

I have been thinking and contemplating about our current and next quilt and afghan projects. It looks like it is time to update our schedule. Three current quilt projects are in the queue – Equality, NT Celebration, and Moonlight Over Bayshore. Two afghan projects are on the way - #5 and #7. Oh yeah, I have to write up #6. Follow our updates at Quilts SB and Afghans SB.

Just a question – Why do 50%, as well as the top 5, of the news headlines of my Google News internet page highlight sports and sports events? Truly I must be missing something…or is it that I am just that I am that naïve? I thought Google was supposed to be tracking my “preferences”?

This is my 723rd Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 55,909 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment