Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 259 – (AD 689) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.1 Miles – Synchronicity On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Cold snap in Tampa. 56°F early this morning. But my Orchids are blooming.

This morning I pedaled 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now 14,199.2 miles and 22,851.5 kilometers.

Yes I am still headed north on Stuart Highway. It looks like I will passing through the small, and I mean small town of Adelaide River tomorrow. Adelaide River’s population is just at about 240.


Only 72.0 miles left to reach my 11th Australia destination and goal point in my Jim’s Trek III.

Yes Thanksgiving leftovers on my plate last night increased my blood sugar count by another 7 points this morning. Questions – Do I wait until after New Year’s Day to begin the push-down and less carbohydrate efforts? Or do I start today? I’m gonna try a leftover Turkey Enchilada Soup with Rice tonight for supper. I still refuse to open up the diabetes medications just aging in my bathroom closet.

I am amazed with the term synchronicity. Definition – Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality. (Wordnik, The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition)

This morning a headline from Urban Milwaukee

Bike Czar: How a Trek Saved My Life”,

written by Dave Schlabowske caught my eye and interest. I linked to it. “I don’t know where that Trek 820 is today, but I know I am a better person for having ridden it.” 

Okay, okay I do ride a different kind of bike. But just think of the synchronicity. In four days it will be two years from when I began my trek, Jim’s Trek. I can justify the health benefits. I am an example of the changes, my changes. Some cycling purists may scoff at my Trek versus Dave’s Trek. And I can push the synchronicity to his photographs as compared to my images. What about the fact that the article is in Urban Milwaukee? Last night and this early morning I worked on B’s genealogy and I have spent some time searching for information of Great-Grandfather in Milwaukee.

Scoff if you must but…but just think. One – coincidence. Two – happenstance. Three – directed influence. Four – controlled inspiration. Five – definite happenchance. Six – Bloody hell… Synchronicity.

Wonder if I dare ask Santa for something completely different this year?

The quilting and the binding on our new and completed Equality quilt has been done. The four corner figures are left. Andy and I are both extremely pleased with our work and the final product. Stay tuned for my final write up of our Equality project journey at Quilts SB.

This is my 728th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 56,269 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment