Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 258 – (AD 688) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Alice’s Restaurant On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning’s routine – 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170 and 200 sit-ups. Grand total to-date – 14,177.1 miles, 22,815.9 kilometers.

This morning I am located still on Stuart Highway in Northern Territory. The trip to my next destination and goal point is actually a side trip. I have another 94.1 miles to go and then I will backtracking for about another 100-plus miles.


My blood sugar count this morning jumped up 9 points to 112. According to WebMD and Dr. Edward S. Horton, in August 2008, he answered a question “What is the normal range for blood sugars…?” He wrote that “…the normal range there is 70 to 100 milligrams per deciliter.

And then I asked and searched the question “What is a normal A1C level?” I found a 2009 article by David Mendosa of Health Guide - “The first conclusion of the research for me is that we need to shoot for a normal A1C level of no more than 6.0 instead of trying what may be impossible, a level of 4.2 to 4.6.” Mine, at last check up, is 5.5. Guess I’m doing better than just okay.

And this Thanksgiving was the 50th Anniversary of Arlo Guthrie’s 18 minute monologue Alice’s Restaurant. Arlo Guthrie was one of the reasons that I passed my senior year English and I eventually went on to get a degree in English Writing and Communication.



The other influence was Leonard Cohen. Up and until my senior year I Hated, with a capital “H”, all and any English class I took and was required to take at school. And thank you Mr. Paterson for the introductions.


I would never have even considered a first degree in English, let alone a major in Secondary English Education. And the icing on the cake was winning the annual school prize in English Composition.

Thank you Mr. Paterson. Thank you Arlo Guthrie. Thank you Leonard Cohen. And thank you Alice, Suzanne, and Marianne.

And my viewing companion this morning, for the remembrance, the 1969 film, Alice’s Restaurant.

This is my 727th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 56,209 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment