Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 8, 2016

Day 17+13 – (AD 1,179) – 21.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Kingston Crater On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now: 25,237.3 miles; 40,615.6 kilometers. I only have 97.48% of my committed distance left to go.



I’m headed, I think, in a southeast direction from the Charleston Crater to the Kingston Crater. That distance I calculated to be about 36.0 miles and I had already gone 14.7 miles. This morning I reached the Kingston Crater and I still have an additional 9.7 miles to plot.




Had to ask –

This is a list of craters on Mars. Impact craters on Mars larger than 1 km exist by the hundreds of thousands, but only about 1,000 of them have names. Names are assigned by the International Astronomical Union after petitioning by relevant scientists, and in general, only craters that have a significant research interest are given names. Martian craters are named after famous scientists and science fiction authors, or if less than 60 km in diameter, after towns on Earth. Craters cannot be named for living people, and names for small craters are rarely intended to commemorate a specific town.[2] Latitude and longitude are given as planetographic coordinates with west longitude. (From Wikipedia.)

Fresh out of the oven, No-Knead Bread – Loaves #149 and #150. White (left) and Whole Wheat (right); both with Flax Seeds.



Our new Owl quilt and the quilting working is progressing.



Soapbox –

Why waste my breath?



This is my 1,282nd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 99,350 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment