Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 20+16 – (AD 1,182) – 20.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 20.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. On my 1,182nd day of pedaling I have now completed 25,296.9 miles; 40,711.5 kilometers.



On Day 20+16 you do realize that I am plotting a virtual journey on Mars. The pedaling on my Schwinn 170 is the real part. The plotted lines on Mars are the virtual part. I have now pedaled 395.3 miles from my original landing (starting, that is) point at Chryse Planitia.

And yes lightning hit about 10-feet from my house. This was last week and I am just now realizing how close it did come as I cleaned out the dead palm and branches yesterday.




Yes, we were in the house and there was an amazing flash of light in the house and then this tremendous ka-boom. My PC and all the power went out. So far the only damage that I can account for is the Bright House router box and the external lightning and electrical system in the front yard.

Racking up the tally this is I think the 7th time this house has been hit by either lightning or by some major electrical surge.

Oh yeah, everything's fixed now.

I really, really, really like my new Instant Pot. Tonight I’m going to try Pak Cham Gai Fan – otherwise known as Chinese-Style Steamed Chicken.

It’s supposed to be an 11-minute Instant Pot recipe. We’ll see? And yeah my blood sugar dropped 13 points this morning to 105 mg/dL. Right direction but I have to really take a gander at the way I am eating, especially since I have reduced the number of days that I am pedaling on my Schwinn 170.

Soapbox –

One should not think that the polls are the voters. If you stay at home and let others do it you may be in for a surprise come the day after election day.


https://www.vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines/

This is my 1,285th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 99,636 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment