Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, August 22, 2016

Day 24+19 – (AD 1,185) – 19.5 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 19.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. (I can virtually hear the yawns.) Totals now stand at 25,374.4 miles; 40,836.2 kilometers.



Day 24+19 on Mars and I have reached, on my Schwinn 170 the Belz Crater.



This Viking 1 Orbiter image shows Belz Crater in Chryse Planitia, Mars. Belz is a typical rampart crater, showing a raised ridge or rampart around the inner ejecta layer. These ramparts may be the result of ejecta being emplaced as a debris flow rather than ballistically as is the case for craters on the Moon. North is at ~1:30 in this image. The frame is about 50 km wide. (Viking Orbiter 010A56)

I am continuing on to the Taxco Crater. The distance between the Belz and Taxco craters is 110 miles, per WolframAlpha.  I have now completed 15.3% of that journey.



My reading list – Currently I am reading A Natural History of Dragons – A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan. A very interesting twist on a fantasy fiction work tweaked as a memoir.


NCPF Quilt update – All rays have been created. Now begins the construction of the wreath-like structures. There are 6 small, 5 medium, and 1 large. The diameters of the small one has been calculated at 11 ¾”.



This is my 1,289th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 99,958 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment