Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, December 18, 2017

Day 315 – (AD 1,477) – 21.3 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals now stand at 31,462.4 miles; 50,633.9 kilometers.


I inadvertently deleted the column of my percentage calculations of the distance between my two points of destination. Not a big deal. But here is where something is screwy. I rechecked with Wolfram Alpha as to the distance between Libya Montes and Amenthes Rupes. Wolfram Alpha is now stating that that distance is 820 miles. Somehow, I was using 790 miles in my calculations. Obviously, I have recalculated the percentage distance that I have now completed.

As of today, my 315th day on Mars, I have completed 32.46% of the distance to my next goal and destination. What difference 30 miles in the Martian air can make.

I tried a new bread recipe this morning - Ka3ek bel semsem (Sesame Bread).

I took a couple of liberties with my recipes and cooking the bread. I, obviously, did not shape the bread into 4 rings. Instead I did it as a whole loaf. I also baked it in the same manner as I bake my Artesian Bread – in a Dutch oven; covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes. I set the temperature of my oven at 450˚F for the first 30 minutes then turned it down to 400˚F for the remaining 15 minutes.



This bread is delicious!

Soapbox –

Question – If John McCain is not present for the Senate vote, what does that mean for the vote tally regarding the Tax Bill?

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.

Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.

Working continues on the design of our quilting on our latest Crane Quilt.



This one has been a challenge as this is the first time that we have created a quilt with the shape of a pentagon.

This is my 1,561st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 186,266 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment