Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Day 321 – (AD 1,483) – 21.9 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals to date - 31,590.9 miles; 50,840.7 kilometers.


I have no completed 48.14% of the distance to my next destination point. And I can say that I have effectively completed just over 50% of my Martian trek and journey. With 6,610.7 more miles to go, I should be able to complete my overall 38,201.6 miles’ goal in about 330 ½ more pedaling days.

Jim’s Gotta Eat –

I’m sort of struggling with a massive cold. So, while I was on my Schwinn I decided to create a Congee.

Ingredients – Jasmine and Sweet Rice; Napa Cabbage; Ginger; Soy Sauce; Fish Sauce; Chicken Broth; Salt and White Pepper. I threw in some Shrimp.


Found the article on The Denver Post by Bill St. John dated Dec 27, 2017.

“Spicy and hot, congee clears the sinuses and warms the soul.”

For supper tonight I’m going to try a brand new recipe with a brand new ingredient “ ‘Nduja”. From Diana Henry’s cookbook “Simple” – “Eggs with Bell Peppers & ‘Nduja”

Ingredients – Olive Oil, Onion, Red Bell Peppers, Salt and Pepper; Potatoes; ‘Nduja; and Eggs.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.



Quilting –


Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018. Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.

Cranes update – Work continues at a breakneck pace to finish echoing the Cranes in our latest Cranes quilt.

This is my 1,577th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 186,629 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment