Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 8, 2017

Days 309 – (AD 1,471) – 21.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 21.4 miles. Totals are now recorded at 31,331.2 miles; 50,422.8 kilometers.


And I have now completed 17.1% of the distance to my next destination and goal point. All told I have completed 6,429.6 miles on the Martian surface. (In my mind, of course. the pedaling part is the real thing.)

Question –

I was listening to one of the local radio stations in my car yesterday. It is that time of year, obviously the holiday season time, when certain radio stations conduct their “funds-donation” campaign(s).

The announcer then, in the solicitation and “begging” for callers to call in, stated blatantly, that it was the onus of the listening audience to make their financial donations “more faster”.

Say what? Even my check-speller in my PC programs wants to correct the phrase.4

Am I wrong to say that if I chose a radio station to enhance my listening, and maybe even enhance my learning should I not also expect that the ones that I listen to have at least some modicum of correct grammar usage?

Another question –

If the sides of a pentagon are approximately 7 inches each, what would be the diameter of a decagon that could be fitted within the perimeter of the pentagon?

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.

Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.

This is my 1,567th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 185,913 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment