Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 22, 2017

Day 318 – (AD 1,480) – 21.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 21.0 miles. (I’m still pedaling for 1 hour 5 times a week.) My totals are at 31,526.1 miles; 50,736.4 kilometers.


And I have completed 40.23% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

That’s the recorded part.

My weakness – Rowntrees Fruit Gums. Ever since I can remember I have always savored, always optimized Rowntrees Fruit Gums above all and any other food group.

I do you think that I can just have one? Or just two Fruit Gums? Hell no! I must scarf down a complete roll at one sitting. Bloody hell are they ever so good. Good for the taste, good for my sense of being.

And of course, they are terrible, a whole roll in one sitting, for someone with Diabetes. I definitely recorded the additional 14-point spike to 134 mg/dL. Not too much of an upward hit but enough to offset the positive effect of last night’s supper.

But I do love Rowntrees Fruit Gums.

Soapdish –

Listening to the news this morning I was taken aback by a phrase used by an interviewee as he spoke regarding the recently passed Tax Bill. His statement was that “the Tax Bill is an American metaphor”.

I had to look up a definition of the word “metaphor”. (Yes, I do have a degree in English Education.) The definition, per Google Dictionary “a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it in literally applicable; a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.”

This could generally sum up the current political situation here in these United States of America.

Question –

Why is it that some persons, especially the types with wigs askew, believe that there is some sort of entitlement to walking freely and haphazardly in a shopping-center parking lot?

Is this a Florida thing?


Reading –

The Strangest Science Findings of 2017”, LiveScience.com, by Laura Geggel, Dec 22, 2017.

“An amputated flatworm fragment sent to space regenerated into a double-headed worm, a rare spontaneous occurrence of double-headedness.”

And I know I could continue. But I will leave this one to your imagination.

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.

Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.


This is my 1,575th post, (corrected number). Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 186,460 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment