Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Day 317 – (AD 1,479) – 21.6 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now 31,505.1 miles; 50,702.6 kilometers.


And I have completed 37.67% of the 820 miles to my next destination and goal point.


On this day the 1,479th day of my pedaling I’ve just read a very “interesting” article by LiveScience.com. “8 Times Flat-Earthers Tried to Challenge Science (and Failed) in 2017”, Stephanie Pappas, Dec 20, 2017. I suppose these days, as persons of note, thoroughly get their kicks at using the phrase “False News” it is a wonder that there are certain segments of our society that may be just somewhat “tilted”. 

"But flat-Earthers tend to have complicated, often contradictory, explanations of how astronomy works in the absence of a round Earth. The Flat Earth Society pushes a view in which the sun rotates over the top of the disk of the Earth like a baby's mobile at a much closer distance than the 93 million miles (150 million kilometers) away that it actually is. The other planets — which, in this theory, are also much smaller and closer than they are in reality — orbit the sun, the Flat Earth Society believes."

I’ve always wondered at the education level or lack there-of persons who subscribe to these far-out theologies.


From another article by LiveScience.com by Natalie Wolchover and Staff May 30, 2017 -
“ The leading flat-earther theory holds that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the center and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the rim. NASA employees, they say, guard this ice wall to prevent people from climbing over and falling off the disc.”

Quilting –

Check out "OUR SHOW 2017", featuring 8 Fabric Artists and 50+ works of art at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater Octagon Arts Center, 2470 Nursery Road, Clearwater, Dec. 8, 2017 - Jan. 10, 2018.

Times: Tues - Fri - 9 am - 12 Noon; Sun - 10 - 10:30 am & 12 Noon - 1 pm.


Our Cranes update - We have now created 2 more sizes of our Cranes blocks. We now have, when sewn, a 3", 4", 5" and 6" Crane pattern. All have die-cutters created with AccuQuilt. Here is a 3-inch with a shiny Lincoln. Also, a comparison between the 3-inch and the 6-inch.



This is my 1,563rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 186,377 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment