Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 48+38 – (AD 1,210) – 20.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


Today I pedaled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals 25,849.1 miles; 41,600.2 kilometers.


I am located at 24.4% of the distance away from Oxia Colles my next destination and goal point.



Reading –

I’ve been glancing at a number of articles and links regarding Mars One. “Mars One is an organization based in the Netherlands that has proposed to land the first humans on Mars and establish a permanent human colony by 2024.

First of all, if it were at all a possibility and there is a possible venue for reincarnation I would hope that I would come back and be able to join the 2nd mission, a Mars Two.

The reason I say Mars Two is that I do not necessarily have any idea when I will take my departure from this planet in the short future, and I would presume that I would have to have at least the capability and the wherewithal to be able to be of age to join the said mission.

I also saw a video regarding dying on Mars, and it just got me wondering as I heard an interview with a possible candidate for the Mars One project, They were talking about the reality that the mission more than likely would be only a one-way mission.

My early morning blood sugar dropped 3 points today to 98 mg/dL and my A1C is now averaging 5.38%. According to the Mayo ClinicFor someone who doesn’t have diabetes, a normal A1C level is below 5.7 percent. Someone who’s had uncontrolled diabetes for a long time might have an A1C level about 8 percent.”  Guess I’m doing okay and with my consistent exercise and my diet… and NO diabetes medications. Period.



Supper last night - Chicken and Chinese Broccoli on White Rice. Plain, simple recipe. I also added/substituted Chicken Thighs. Onions, Carrots, and Daikon. I replaced the Shitake for Button Mushrooms. Recipe ingredients - Garlic, White Pepper, Soy Sauce, Shaoxing Hua Diao Wine, Sesame Oil, Corn Starch.

My Soapbox –

Only 29 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes, and 22 seconds remaining until November election. Too, too bloody many. With the amount of money being spent on media advertisements and the spinning of the tales of the tales is it not certain that the candidates are digging themselves deeper and deeper into a quagmire that they may, or may not be able to climb out.


The Russians, the Soviet-Afghan War lasted over 9 years. The Americans, always trying to do one better, have been in Afghanistan 14 years, 11 months.

We do like quagmires... or is the military and defense lobbyists?




This is my 1,313th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 107,950 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment