Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 49+38 – (AD 1,211) – 20.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals are now 25,869.5 miles; 41,633.0 kilometers. I missed Monday’s cycling as I spent the morning with son and grandsons. (I’m sure I walked at least 5 miles.) Time spent much more important than time on my fitness cycle.

And yesterday I pressure-washed the pool deck. It appears to me that there has been a greater growth of various species of mold and in more abundance this year. Halfway through the job my pressure-washer physically fell apart. I mean the nuts and bolts, all three, just gave way. Off to the shop to be fixed. I then borrowed my neighbor’s machine and completed the deck. In total about 6 hours of cleaning…and exercise.



I have now completed 84.1% of the distance to my next destination and goal point. My journey on Mars has given me time to think and to wonder about the lack of natural and unnatural noises. And on my 48th day of pedaling, I have covered 967.9 miles on Mars.

My Soapbox –

As his supporters believe him, no matter when presented with the facts, give them the chance to assuage their self-contained theories, let them truly follow their leader, with a small "l", and have their own election...

I guess DT is trying to turn back the clock when he announced that the date of the election is November 28th...

"Prior to 1845, Congress permitted the States to conduct their presidential elections (or otherwise to choose their Electors) anytime in a 34-day period before the first Wednesday of December which was the day set for the meeting of the Electors in their respective States."

"Why the first Tuesday after the first Monday? Lawmakers wanted to prevent election day from falling on the first of November for two reasons. First, November 1st is All Saints Day, a Holy Day of Obligation for Roman Catholics. Second, most merchants were in the habit of doing their books from the preceding month on the 1st. Apparently, Congress was worried that the economic success or failure of the previous month might prove an undue influence on the vote!"

Someone wanted to make sure that the books were done to his liking...

This is my 1,314th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 108,629 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment