Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, October 14, 2016

Day 50+38 – (AD 1,212) – 20.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now 25,889.7 miles; 41,665.5 kilometers. I have now completed 988.1 miles or 7.43% of Part V of my journey and trek.



And it looks like I am within one day of reaching my next goal and destination point on Mars. To date, I have finished 92.5% of the distance. I should reach Oxia Colles the next time I cycle on my Schwinn 170. Question is, where to next?

Reading –

And my drink of choice has been a Cuban Libre made with BACARDI Añejo rum. But as I am not a regular drinker and I do not smoke cigars will the new loosening of the longstanding U.S. sanctions against Cuba regarding up to $100 worth of tobacco or alcohol make much of a difference to me? Not much. The WSJ, “U.S. Takes Additional Steps to Ease Restrictions on Trade, Ties with Cuba.” – Felicia Schwartz, Oct. 14, 2016.


This is 2016. This is not 1984.

“Both Big Brother and Trump employ a clever and cynical philosophy that enables them to manipulate minds: “Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past,” Orwell writes. Trump, with his own Orwellian Truth Ministry, whitewashes his past ruthlessly.”- USA Today, “Let’s put this Orwellian nightmare to bed”,

Paul Brandus, Oct. 14, 2016.


In Big Brother’s Oceania, doublethink — believing what you are told even while possessing information to the contrary — emerges. In Oceania, people are told that 2+2 equals 5. In Trump’s world, you can lose a billion dollars and two decades later be told that this is brilliant.

This is my 1,315th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 109,011 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment