Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, October 31, 2016

Day 58+40 – (AD 1,220) – 19.8 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Something to watch –

A quiet relaxed 18-minute way to begin a new week...

Digital Trends, by Trevor Mogg, October 31, 2016 – “Check Out This Stunning Cinematic Tour of The International Space Station



This morning I cycled another 19.8 miles on my Schwinn 170.

I began my 5/6 days a week cycling on my Schwinn fitness cycle. I am trying to assist the downward journey of my early morning blood sugar count. I still do NOT want to start taking the chemicals again. It has been almost 2 ½ years since I stopped the diabetes medication. I know age may be an undeniable factor, but with the level of cardio exercise and diet, I should be able to forgo the poisons.

My totals today are now at: 26,052.0 miles; 41,926.7 kilometers.



I have now completed 62.7% of the distance to Coogoon Valles on Mars (of course). Overall I have completed 8.65% of the total distance that I intend to cycle, virtually, on this planet. Guess I must start scoping out for my next destination and goal point.

Soapbox –

It is a wonder that we do despise politicians.

Today’s Google News Headlines –

USA - FBI discovered Clinton-related emails weeks ago

Australia - Wants to keep migrants arriving by boat out, even as tourists 

Pakistan – Says it will quash planned political protest

Saudi Arabia – Arrests suspects linked to Islamic State

South Korea – President’s influence scandal explained

South Africa – Rand jumps after fraud charges against Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan are dropped

Holland – Dutch anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders faces trial for inciting hatred

And then – 2 Billion children breathe toxic air worldwide, UNICEF report finds… 

Can I sign up to go to Mars?

On a more pleasant side –

We designed (sort-of) and begun the construction of a new queen-size quilt – Blue Hearts. This is not an original design and the pattern for multiple sizes is available for free on the Internet. Out design work is the fabric colors and coordination. I’ll be posting the details at Quilts SB when we begin the write-ups.



The powers that be keep me baking bread. These two are White Whole Wheat Sourdough… and it is the same culture of sourdough starter I started one year ago.



And on a positive note, I haven’t bought any bread, shy of tortillas and hot-dog buns, in just over 1 year.

This is my 1,323rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 112,624 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment