Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Day 55+40 – (AD 1,217) – 20.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yeah, my desktop is fixed.  Cause of crash - Windows 10 update.  But I am still using Windows 10.



The error was a blue screen and a complete looping reloads which would not correct itself.  Windows 10 operating system had to be reloaded.

This morning I pedaled 20.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. My current totals are now: 25,992.2 miles; 41,830.5 kilometers.



To date, I have now completed 8.2% of the total distance that I intend to pedal on Mars. (That’s the virtual part of my journey; Part V.) Overall I have finished 68.0% of my expected mileage goal… and I have been doing this for almost 4 years.

My early morning blood sugar was down, but it was up when I stabbed my finger to draw that minuscule globule of blood. My calculated A1c is now 5.46%. I am still, per WebMD within the normal range of levels between 4.0% and 5.6%... but my daily blood sugar count has been inching upward ever so slowly. And I do NOT want to go back on the diabetes medications. So, I guess I should do something.

I read this article

Exercise vs. diabetes: New level of detail uncovered. (MedicalNewsToday.com, Tim Newman, 18 October 2016)

A new study, published this week in the journal Diabetologia, takes a deeper look at the role of exercise in the development of type 2 diabetes. It is the most in-depth study to examine exercise independent from other influential factors, such as diet. The conclusions from the report are clear:
‘This research shows that some physical activity is good, but more is better.'… According to the analysis, cycling or walking briskly for 150 minutes, each week cuts the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by up to 26 percent. Those who exercise moderately or vigorously for an hour each day reduced their risk by 40 percent. At the other end of the scale, for those who did not manage to reach the 150-minute target, any amount of physical activity they carried out still reduced the risk of type 2 diabetes, but to a lesser extent.

So it looks like I am going to increase the number of days that I cycle from 3-4 to 4-5 days a week. (All I can say is that it worked before in my Parts I, II, III, and IV.)

Soapbox –

Just make sure you know the current and applicable law in your state regarding voting procedures...especially regarding "selfies"...

This is my 1,320th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 111,546 Pageviews. % more days and maybe I’ll break the 6,000 Pageview ceiling.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment