Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, June 5, 2017

Day 196 – (AD 1,358) – 20.5 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 20.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals 28,837.7 miles; 46,409.9 kilometers.


And on Mars, I have completed 33.6% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

I have not been reporting my early morning fasting glucose count this past couple of weeks as coupled with the bacterial infection and not exercising consistently I have seen a substantial increase in my blood sugar count. This morning the count dropped 9 mg/dLs as compared to the day before of 171 mg/dLs. All-things-being-equal and with the clear-up of the infection I should see a gradual decrease into the positive ranges. And if that doesn’t work I may have to reconsider going back to taking medication to control my diabetes.

Last night supper, my version of Jambalaya – Triple C. Chicken Thighs, Chorizo Sausage, and Crab Claw Meat.

I sort of followed the recipe, with major adjustments, as presented by Good Food – Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya.


And this article was not about this one, who was born in Jamaica. It’s about that other guy.

The Real World, Diabetes: As cameras roll at a Jamaican resort, desperate patients seek healing”, STATNews.com, Rebecca Robbins, June 5, 2017.

“Welcome to ‘Reversed,’” he intones. Seated behind him are four of his disciples: Americans with type 2 diabetes who’ve flown to this tropical beach town to participate in a reality TV show marketed as a momentous opportunity to restore their health. Over eight days, they’ll learn to exercise and eat right and bare their struggles in cathartic therapy sessions...
The show, which will begin airing next month on cable, is at once a vehicle for Mattocks to proselytize his gospel of self-help, a marketing gambit by a pharma company that’s running out of money, and a season-long advertisement for a luxury getaway at the sparkling resort where it was filmed.

In my genealogy work I am still trying to find a source or sources for the registration of Great-Great-Grandparents Jacques (aka Jacob) and Marie (aka Mary) (née Katz) Brunhammer. I am currently searching the marriage registration directories, online of course, via the Alsace, Haut-Rhin archives.

If you would like to see my work check out the Brunhammer Doherty Family Tree on Ancestry.com.

This is my 1,461st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 177,598 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment