Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 9, 2018

Day 371 – (AD 1,533) – 25.6 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 25.6 miles. My totals stand now at 32,792.5 miles; 52,774.5 kilometers.


I have now completed 70.15% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

I’m still cycling 1 hour 5 days a week.

Something to read –

From Independent “Cycling Can Keep You Young In Wide-Ranging Ways, Study Finds”, Mar 8, 2018 Andrew Griffin

“Exercises like cycling can hold back the effects of ageing and keep people young in profound ways, a new study has found. Activities like regularly riding a bike appear to undo the assumption that we get more frail as we get older, the authors of the new research claim.

The studies compared data on amateur cyclists with healthy adults that did not regularly exercise. It found that those who were exercising seemed to be preserving many parts of their health.”

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Quilts SB Update -

CQ Quilt Update - Grid and pebble quilting work looking better than we expected. Next step to quilt the border.





Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

I have always been curious as to finding recipes that are considered “of natural origin”. I’m not looking for an American way of repeating recipes. Don’t get me wrong. I am just interested as to whether the American version is somehow and somewhere off the mark when compared to the actual recipe from the country or cuisine in question.

And this is, for instance, why I’m taking up the challenge for the next week beginning tomorrow of re-creating realistic Irish meals, sort of in a celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. I will attempt to create the dish up until and including March 17th.

From Food & Wine – “9 Actual Irish Dishes to Make This St. Patrick’s Day

“Corned beef and cabbage might be one of the most popular dishes to eat on St. Patrick's Day. However, it's not an authentic Irish recipe—it's Irish-American. Irish immigrants invented the dish when they first settled in New York City and started eating the corned beef sold at kosher butchers.”

Something to know about –

Esquirrou named #1 Cheese in 2018 Cheese World Champion competition.



Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,615th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 191,190 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment