Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Days 385 – (AD 1,547) – 23.2 Miles –Jim’s Trek Part V – Mars on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 23.2 miles. Totals are now 33,114.7 miles; 53,293.0 kilometers.


And I have now completed 15.23% of the distance to my next destination point.

Soapbox –

I’ve begun a list of what #45 will be known for when he finally does leave the Oval Office.

1. Twitter tweets
2. Revolving administrators and staff
3. Lasing out
4. Inciting the world to continue lowering their respect for this country
5. Hypocrisy
6. Not able to separate himself from a continual campaigning mode
7. Not capable of handling himself with any mode of professional decorum
8. tba
9. tba
10. tba
11. tba

Something New, But Old –


It’s getting to that time of the year, when hopefully the Pollen Season is waning at home here in Tampa. And now I need to think of what vegetables and/or fruits that I would like to grow on my lanai and pool deck, and in my Garden Tower.

The Guardian has a good article by Lucy Chamberlain, dated 31 March 2018 “How to grow your own veg: a beginner’s guide

Okay, okay I know that this article is written for the UK, but it can be easily adapted to my Tampa Bay area small garden.

Something different –

A couple of days ago, I asked Google (Google search) whether or what percentage of alcohol in a recipe is eliminated during cooking. I discovered many links that the actual truth is that it varies but, in most cases, only about 25% (give or take) is dissipated during the cooking time.

Okay I was fine with that and so I made a Coconut Bread Pudding without the amount of Bourbon asked for in the recipe. Not a big deal. The Coconut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce was fantastic. And I did not use any Bourbon.

That concluded the Google search, and the gourmet results of the Coconut Bread Pudding.

But today via my Google News I get a link from The Denver Post of an article dated March 30, 2018 by Bill St. John “Get Cooking: Cooking without wine or beer” …

“According to the Agricultural Research Service of the Department of Agriculture, 75 percent of the original alcohol by volume of the liquid used remains in a flambéed dessert, for instance; 25 percent, in a dish that has been simmered or braised for one hour; and 5 percent in the same dish after 2 1/2 hours. (Those percentages for braising are guaranteed if the pot has been covered while cooking, the norm.)”

Who says that that there are no “universal” algorithm that actually “infringes” upon my PC utility searches?

Quilting – https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/

Jim’s Gotta Eat – https://jimsgottaeat.blogspot.com/

Supper last night – Chinese Braised Tofu with Ground Pork on Jasmine and Sweet Rice and Coconut Raisin Bread Pudding. – 115 mg/dL



Genealogy – https://agenealogyhunt.blogspot.com/

This is my 1,626th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 192,589 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment