Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 30+25– (AD 1,191) – 20.1 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Sunday On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This Sunday morning, I pedaled 20.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals to date – 25,493.2 miles; 41,027.4 kilometers. And then I went outside and climbed into the arboretum to trim the palms and bamboos.


I’m on my way to Wabash Crater, on the virtual part of my Trek. I have now traveled 25.6 of the 220 miles of the journey to this next destination and goal point.



My reading –

What Americans Keep Ignoring About Finland’s School Success”, The Atlantic, Anu Partanen, Dec. 29, 2011.
“And while Americans love to talk about competition, Sahlberg points out that nothing makes Finns more uncomfortable. In his book Sahlberg quotes a line from Finnish writer named Samuli Paronen: "Real winners do not compete." It's hard to think of a more un-American idea, but when it comes to education, Finland's success shows that the Finnish attitude might have merits. There are no lists of best schools or teachers in Finland. The main driver of education policy is not competition between teachers and between schools, but cooperation.”

Soapbox –


6 things we know heading into the final months of the presidential race”, the Washington Post, Chris Cillizza, Sep 4, 2016.
  1. Hillary Clinton is the front-runner.
  2. There is no “new” Donald Trump.
  3. The public doesn’t really want either of them.
  4. Republicans have a demographic problem.
  5. Republicans have an electoral map problem.
  6. The first presidential debates will be bananas.

This is my 1,295th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 100,439 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment