Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 36+30 – (AD 1,197) – 19.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning, (yes I still am pedaling), I pedaled 19.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 25,612.8 miles; 41,219.9 kilometers.



I have now completed 711.2 miles on Part V of my Trek, (that’s the real part), on Mars (that’s the virtual reality part). I now have 12,588.8 more miles remaining in order for me to complete my overall goal.

I am still always amazed at what individuals will share and post on their personal pages in social media. Do I get a glimpse into one’s credos and beliefs? At times this is a hint, especially when one is hell bent on believing that one has the right and the authority to share each thing and statement that may tickle his or her fancy. Would-be religious zealots seem to be a prime example. At times it can become an electronic means of the blind leading the blind.

In my opinion, it is astute that whatever one shares that one attempts to understand what they are trying to pass on and convey. I’m not taking sides on what a person is attempting to say and/or proselytize. And I’m not saying that anyone does not have the right to post whatever they want on their own personal page or little corner of the social media world.

All-things-being-equal one’s social media friends are their own sphere of reference, their own notice of contacts, whether in the same house/family or a friend 5,000-miles away. Social media is today’s electronic form of soapboxing. Think of it as you standing on the street corner with a megaphone.

If one is trying to get a point across a bit of one’s thought process, or lack-thereof, is revealed. It may be important, (or maybe it is not), to understand in what one is trying to convey that one understands the material that one is sharing or passing on. I’m not talking about the puppy or kitten et al videos. I am writing about philosophical thought and logical point of views.

Because of these days of electronic communication, I am the type of person who attempts to try to get to know and understand the social friends and acquaintances that I am communicating or have invited to become a member of my circle of contacts. I enjoy discussing many topics. But I do find it somewhat tedious to have to listen, that is allow, those contacts who post and share inappropriate information and/or illogical statements within the realm of my social media environs.

Yes, it easy to block someone from my list of friends and social media acquaintances, but then I may be limiting myself to only those electronic friends that I feel are in agreement with me. I do not intend to do that. I enjoy a good logical discussion. I do not have to be right all the time. I am not trying to make any social media communication rules. I am attempting to convey that if you present something and maybe expect me as one of your friends and/or contacts to respond please ensure that you comprehend what it is that you are presenting and/or sharing.

This is my 1,301st post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 102,941 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment