Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Day 39+32 – (AD 1,201) – 19.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Wabash Reached On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 19.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. (This is a recording.) Totals to date = 25,672.1 miles; 41,315.3 kilometers.

Today I reached my next destination and goal, the Wabash Crater.



And of course I continued on another 4.5 miles. My next goal point is Oxia Colles; about 240 miles, according to Wolfram Alpha, from Wabash. (I’m sort of unsure on how to find the North direction but this is Mars and I’m not too, too certain. T’wasn’t anything about that in the briefing manuals.)


I’m just gonna keep pedaling.

Tried a new and adjusted recipe, of course, in my Instant Pot – Pot Roast.


There are a number of ways, actually 390,000 results on Google on how to try and cook a Pot Roast. The one thing that I have learned so far, is that no matter what length of time advice is given I am going to have to “play” with the timing on the Instant Pot to eventually get a result that I will be completely satisfied.

For my Pot Roast I even cut adjusted the timing in 4 stages to cook:

  1. Sirloin Roast, Onions, Garlic, Red Wine, Beef Stock, Herbes de Provence, Salt and Pepper – 40 minutes;
  2. Added Potatoes and Carrots – 8 minutes; and
  3. Added Zucchini and Mushrooms – 3 minutes; and
  4. Gravy – 5 minutes.

Apart from the fact that the Potatoes and the Zucchini were just a wee bit overdone, the meal was excellent. I did not take any pictures because I had eaten my complete plate when I realized I had forgotten to record and image. This is definitely a scheduled repeat.

The good thing is that my early morning blood sugar dropped 12 points to 108 mg/dL.

This is my 1,303rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 103,835 Pageviews.


There has been a substantial increase in the number of daily Pageviews to Jim’s Trek as recorded by Google Blogger this month so far. I had been averaging about 60+ a day and it seems to have jumped up to about 180+ daily. Thanks.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment