Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, September 5, 2016

Day 31+25– (AD 1,192) – 19.6 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Labor Day On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


I bring out the camera, and Bella always poses.

Today I pedaled 19.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. (Yes, this is a recording, and it could not get any more boring than this.) My updates – Grand total = 25,512.8 miles; 41,059.0 kilometers; Part V total = 611.2 miles; 983.6 kilometers.



I have now completed, virtually of course in a real way, sort-of, 20.5% of the distance between Taxco and Wabash Craters.

Wish List –

At $3,323 I think I will get 2 sets.

CNNStyle – (Sep 4, 2016), Stella Ko – “Designer penciles? Inside Karl Lagerfeld’s $3,000 Art Kit

We’re working and re-working our new quilt “TBD”. The top/background has been sewn. Now to begin attaching the elements of our design.



Soapbox –

FiveThirtyEight – “13 Tips For Reading General Election Polls Like A Pro”, Harry Enten, Sep. 2,
  1. Beware of polls tagged “bombshells” or “stunners”
  2. Instead, take an average.
  3. Look for pools that use live interviewers; they have a better track record.
  4. Know the polling firm – some are waaay betters than others.
  5. Beware the unskewers.
  6. Check what the pollster said previously. Some pollsters’ results lean more towards one part or the other.
  7. Consider the motives of the media reporting on the polls.
  8. Check to see if the poll includes third-party candidates.
  9. Margin of error and sample size matter less than who’s in the sample, thought be wary if the sample size is smaller than 400.
  10. Don’t get crazy about the Electoral College.
  11. Still, aggregating the state polls usually provide a better idea of who is going to win than the national polls.
  12. If the polls shift after the debates…wait. Short-term shifts in polls often reverse themselves.
  13. Even at the end of the campaign, the polls probably won’t perfectly predict the results.

This is my 1,296th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 100,583 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment