Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day 32+26 – (AD 1,193) – 20.4 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – 1,016.5 Miles On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals to date: 25,533.2 miles; 41,091.8 kilometers.



Today I surpassed the 1,000-mile mark on Mars. Actual distance so far 1,016.5 miles. I also have completed 29.8% of the distance between Taxco and Wabash Craters.



And now too, 101,054 Pageviews. Thanks all.

Soapbox –

Who do I want to represent me as President of the country where I live? The choices are not what I would had hoped. It has come down to the decision - “Damn. I certainly do not want that candidate representing me, or the country I chose to live in.” And then there is the question “What will happen to the country, over the next 4 years, if the least executive candidate does get elected?”

I think of all the corporate training that I had over the past years, the training of how to conduct oneself in the realms of position, and I wonder how this will all go down the drain as this will be our example that we as a nation will be presenting to the summits and the meetings of the world.

I think of “executive office holders” such as Idi Amin Dada. I remember making a conscious choice that I would never ever want to move or travel to Uganda. I know that was an extreme decision, but it was a decision that I had the opportunity to make.

Will the next President of these United States evoke my respect and support? Do I have pride in the person I vote for to represent me to the country of my birth and the other countries where I have lived? Can I see other countries respecting the Office of our chief representative?

Just think for a moment. The media has reported on the current conduct of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. The respect is dwindling, and our new Commander-in-Chief has not even crossed the threshold of the Oval Office.

It is key that I vote. With the free and unbridled privilege that I have that I not sit back and figure that my voice does not count. I will vote.

This is my 1,297th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 101,054 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment