Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, July 14, 2017

Day 219 – (AD 1,381) – 22.0 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – No Skittles On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 another 22.0 miles. Totals now: 29,300.1 miles; 47,154.0 kilometers.


And I have now completed 53.7%, 263.1 miles, of the distance to my next destination and goal point. Overall, I have now completed 33.1% of my total expected distance on Mars.

Yes, my weakness is Skittles. I can go months, years without having Skittles, without any craving. But put a bag of Skittles, an opened bag of Skittles in front of me, there is no will-power that will allow me to only eat 1 Skittle. And I bought a bag of Red, White, and Blue Skittles. I was being patriotic for the 4th of July. And yes, I kept shoving them down my throat. I could not help myself.

And yes, my early morning blood sugar count jumped 59 mg/dL to 179 on the first day after I had chomped down on some Skittles. Two days later I repeated the Skittles’ thing. My early morning blood sugar jumped up, this morning, to 171, up 17 points from the day before. So much for the Red, White, and Blue.

My suppers the last two evenings have been somewhat decent. Yes, the Tomatoes and the Cucumbers were from my Garden Tower.

Chicken with Cucumber served with Bulgur Wheat… This is my introduction to Bulgur Wheat.



And Sambal Glazed Eggplant and Shrimp served with Jasmine Rice.



Click on the above links to see how easy these two dishes were to make.

You can follow my new genealogy posting at A Genealogy Hunt. Part 902bk – Brunhammer Katz – Who was GG-Grandmother Marie (née Katz) Brunhammer’s Father?

And today I am trying to answer the question “Who is Charles Custer?”

This is my 1,483rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 178,070 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment