Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, July 31, 2017

Day 230 – (AD 1,392) – 20.8 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Purpose On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yes, it is raining, maybe spitting, sort-of drizzling…but I am inside. For all the hype on the TV stations, there’s not any flooding in my street. And they just said that the tornado warning, which lasted all of 15 minutes, is expiring. Auntie Em! Auntie Em!



And this morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 20.8 miles and reached my next destination and goal point, Tisia Valles. That’s another 490 miles chalked up to my Jim’s Trek.



My next destination and goal point is 440 miles, almost to the Martian west, I think. The new location is Liris Valles.

My totals to date – for the whole of Jim’s Trek: 29,527.0 miles; 47,519.2 kilometers. For Part V, the Martian part: 4,625.4 miles; 7,443.0 kilometers. And if my calculations are correct I still have about 8,674.6 miles to go.



Our June 19th quilt is on its way to Patchwork Europe. As at 12:59 am this morning it had cleared customs in France.



And our latest quilt - MTBD - Quilt design has turned out better than we expected. The idea was to keep the chevrons as simple and as clean as possible.



And for those who asked, yes we are still working on WOW!.

Reading today – “

The New York Times, The Opinion Pages, Joseph P. Carter, July 31, 2017 – “The Universe Doesn’t Care About Your ‘Purpose’”.

“Purpose is about loss, or at least the circumvention of it. And there’s nothing wrong with that. We create purposes to establish happy endings in a universe where endings are simply that — endings."

This is my 1,493rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 179,720 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment