Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 130 – (AD 560) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.3 Miles – Change of Direction in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. I also completed 190 “facsimile” sit-ups. Yes, I am not struggling like I did when I started and the waist appears to be reducing. And most certainly I’m trying to do them in the following manner. Now if I can only remember what comes after 9?

Today is my 130th day in Australia and on my Trek, Jim’s Trek III. As a part of Part III I have now pedaled 2,780.5 miles, 4,474.8 kilometers on my virtual Trek. I am currently located and headed north on Albany Highway. I am just south of Shamrock Road.


I have added a new destination and goal point on my virtual Trek in Australia. This now increases the total number to 17 and it certainly makes more sense as I travel across, up and down this amazing and smallest continent. On the other hand it is one of the largest countries in the world. (Something I just learned even though I am sure that somewhere and at some time I was not paying attention in one of the geography classes from my past.) I am now 138 miles from my next goal.

Today's Saint of the day, or should I say Saints of the day are the seven sons of St. Felicitas (aka Saint Felicity).  Accordingly the Holy Seven Brothers: Alexander, Vitalis, Martialis, Januarius, Felix, Philip, and Slyvanus were condemned because the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius had a beef (no pun intended) with their mother Felicity.  The sons were turned them over to Publius the Prefect of Rome who had then seven of them put to death in various ways in order to get Felicity renounce her faith.  No such deal.  Per the possible feast day ecoutrements today's recipe, how apropos - Skewered Beef Roman Style.

And the question is, did someone in 1493 have a morbid sense of humor?  Image of St Felicitas and her seven sons from the Nuremberg Chronicle.

Our new Le Ruban quilt has been mounted on our longarm for the first phase of the quilting.


Work continues on our Afghan #6. It appears that the first third of the crocheting design is now complete.


Any questions, thoughts, or ideas please feel free to contact me at Jim's Trek.

Enjoy and be healthy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment