Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 122 – (AD 552) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Just Thinking On My Schwinn 170 in Western Australia

Good Day,

A dew boat caught my eye while I was walking The Pack. I captured an image with my iPhone. A discarded bamboo leaf from the clump of Black Bamboo on the front lawn, setting out with its passengers of crystal dew drop pearls.

And this morning, before my appointment and errands I cycled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. I have now pedaled a total of 11,225.3 miles; 18,065.4 kilometers. My weight is holding at 163 lbs. and my waist still measures a good 32 inches.


I am currently located on the South Coast highway in Western Australia on my virtual Trek. I veered to the west and it looks like I will soon turn again due south. I am now 87.3 miles from my next destination and goal, 5th on my list of points of my Jim’s Trek III.

Max is coping with the summer Florida heat.

And there are 43,080 pageviews now recorded for Jim’s Trek.

Supper last night reduced my blood sugar count to 81 this morning.

I attempted a recipe and created dish of Shrimp and Avocado on Sushi Rice with Wasabi Lime dressing. Was this a real sushi rice, don’t know but it included sweet rice, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, carrots, daikon, and scallions. Not bad, but preparation was much longer than
I expected.

Always wondered about tilapia… you know the white fish that has no taste, has no smell, and is sort of a non-descript type of seafood. From an article from the NY Times, Another Side of Tilapia, the Perfect Factory Fish, “For doctors, the debate has centered more on tilapia’s nutritional benefits, or lack thereof. Like all fish, tilapia is a good source of protein, with few of the unhealthy saturated fats in red meats. But unlike most other fish, tilapia contains relatively little of the fish oils that medical research has shown assist brain development and protect against heart disease, stroke and abnormal heart rhythms: a pair of omega-3 fatty acids.

My fat percentage continues to follow a positive downward trend.


I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment