Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 149 – (AD 579) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.9 Miles – Near Green Head in Western Australia on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.9 miles on my Schwinn 170.  I have now passed 11,806.8 miles.

Today I am located still on the Indian Ocean Drive. I am just a tad bit northeast of the coastal town of Green Head, population about 290...and I think those are the permanent residents.

From what I can tell the Google imaging, from my virtual Trek, or should I write, is going to be somewhat boring. I can see from the expanse of the Australian contentinent this part of the landscape may be a geologist's and and antrhopologist's dream but not so much a gift to a virtual Trekker who's trying to put in his miles.


Jim’s Trek Pageviews now up to 46,166.

My fat percentage as I record is swinging back and forth. I can say that my cycling Trek is definitely producing the resulting forecast that I hope to see. The red-dotted line is the moving average of my fat percentage daily number and it is definitely headed in a positive downward direction.


And was I ever grossed out this mid-morning. I stopped by our local Whole Foods to pick-up my lunch and supper, as I always do every Thursday before I head off to do my genealogy-assist volunteering. At the buffet set-up I was shocked and grossed out, (and I have to say it again), when this relatively decent-looking, somewhat a bit older than myself, gentleman stuck his bare hand into the orange peel chicken, took a couple of pieces and then stuck them into his mouth. Gross! And his wife/partner just stood there as if nothing was wrong. Damn! Where in the hell do some people learn their manners of decorum?


This wasn't a sampling setup. It was the actual product... with tongs and large spoons for self-service. No, I do not live in a glass bubble, nor do I worry too much about eating food in an antiseptic environment, but come on. There is no excuse that I as a potential customer and should have put up with this crap. I am not blaming Whole Foods in any way. I am screaming out to the ignoramuses and the halfwits who believe it is their right. Well it isn't. Period!

And now that I have calmed down, our work on our new quilt and wall hanging Sleep Jezebel is definitely coming together. Check out Quilts SB for the next update.


I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment