Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 265 – (AD 695) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Another day, another mile. This morning I pedaled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 170. My cumulative total is now 14,328.7 miles, 23,059.9 kilometers. Oh yeah my blood sugar this morning was at 90 mg/dl, 5.0 mmol/l.

Well the Google Maps images are working this morning and I am headed south on Stuart Highway. 


Believe it or not I have now completed 54.42% of my virtual Trek through Australia… And I now have 877 miles to go to get to my 12th designated goal and destination point.

I’ve noticed something recently about my feelings and actions about this crazy Trek. I have become a wee bit complacent and haphazard about my eating overall habits. I try to cook “healthy” and nutritious meals but I do notice that I have increased the amount that I am eating. As of this morning in 735 days, I have lost just 2.0 lbs. Okay, okay there is probably a bit of redistribution of weight and my intention was not to lose much weight just girth. My waist is down 12 inches and my leg muscles have increased considerably. So I must be doing something right. But I wonder?

Never trust a politician. Originally Governor Rick Scott promised that by 2017, upon first taking office, he would produce an increase of 700,000 jobs in addition to the 1 million jobs that the state had lost. His latest announcement of $9 million for rural road improvement across Florida only highlights the supposed 679,000 private sector jobs created during his first 4 years in office. This new road fix is a 5-year plan which means of course, and I can add, 2020. So if I understand correctly somewhere and somehow the 1.7 million mark has been missed and possibly extended another 3 years. Governor Scott is this the new Common Core Math?


KE, you will be proud of us. We’ve started a new quilt, Chopsticks. Our inspiration – Karen Fisher’s Garland and the classic Rail Fence pattern.

This is my 734th Jim’s Trek post. And according to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 56,618 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment